Designs and conducts company training programs. Monitors and reports the effectiveness of training on employees during the orientation period and for career development. May be involved in initial plan design and existing plan enhancements.
30% Training Administration:
• Determines training objectives, communicates goals and coordinates training activities.
• Manages training schedules and calendars.
• Supports requests for training.
• Administers tests to determine effectiveness of training.
• Work with a contact person to make all necessary training preparations including securing a room, projector, meals are available.
• Print and ship training materials to the location for any on-site training classes.
• Complete reports to document who was trained, dates and place of the training, topics covered and any follow-up items are completed.
• May lead and direct the work of others.
30% Delivery of Training:
• Delivers training on all related subjects for the application or system.
• Conducts refresher training as needed.
• Conducts new enhancement training.
• Will travel to various field locations to conduct training 75% of the time within the US and Canada.
40% Design of Training:
• Develops training documentation.
• Bachelor’s degree in a related area preferred.
• HS diploma or equivalent required.
• Four years’ experience in training development and training delivery.
• Operations/Management experience is preferred.
• Funeral industry knowledge or experience is preferred.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
• Familiar with a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures.
• Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
• Performs a variety of complicated tasks.
• May report directly to an executive or head of a unit/department.
• A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
Who we are. What we do.
We’re more than North America’s largest provider of funeral, cremation and cemetery services. We are mothers, fathers, sisters, brothers, sons and daughters who are devoted to the communities where we live and work. We are more than 20,000 dedicated individuals who provide caring assistance to families in need, honor veterans and public servants and deliver lifesaving programs to help keep children and seniors safe.
We operate under the umbrella of the Dignity Memorial network of 1,800 funeral homes and cemeteries. Dignity Memorial providers care for more than 300,000 families each year and understand the importance of thoughtful, personalized arrangements. We believe creating meaningful ways to pay tribute to a loved one begins with compassion and is shaped by the understanding that each life is truly unique. For us, there is no greater responsibility than honoring and preserving the story of one’s life.
SCI offers advanced on-line training resources, career advancement opportunities in the largest organization in the industry, attractive benefits, and a wonderful community to serve with plenty of culture and personality. For additional information regarding our company, please visit our corporate site at www.sci-corp.com.
As used herein, “SCI” refers to Service Corporation International and its affiliated companies.
Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V