Assesses, evaluates, designs, and builds systems ensuring security requirements protect and secure the organization’s data and software. Ensures that the security requirements necessary to protect the organization’s mission and business processes are adequately addressed in all aspects of enterprise architecture including reference models, segment and solution architectures, and the resulting systems supporting those missions and business processes; provides guidance to alignment with industry best-practice and mandatory compliance frameworks. As technical expert, may provide technical guidance and draft policies or procedures.
Design Security Solutions 60%
• Plan, research and design robust security architectures. Works closely with other functional area architects and security specialists to ensure adequate security solutions are in place throughout all systems and platforms to mitigate identified risks sufficiently, and to meet business objectives and regulatory requirements. Test final security structures to ensure they behave as expected.
• Documents IT security aspects of the Enterprise Architecture, including confidentiality, integrity, and availability.
• Analyzes emerging security threats and vulnerabilities, identifies gaps in existing and proposed architectures and recommends changes or enhancements. Designs security architecture elements to mitigate threats as they emerge.
Assess & Evaluate Needs 20%
• Evaluates and develops secure solutions, based on approved security architectures.
• Responsible for researching, developing software security strategy, security architecture standards, authentication protocols, design patterns, and best practices across all of products and services.
• Researches and recommends new industry IT cyber security models, management strategies, and effective resource utilization models for Senior Leadership.
• Translate technology and environmental conditions (e.g. law and regulation) into system and security designs and processes.
Develop Standards 20%
• Recommends IT cyber security models to stakeholders and influences adoption. Drives the adoption of software security strategy, security architecture standards, authentication protocols, design patterns, and best practices across all of products and services.
• Develop standards and secure configuration guidelines for various technical solution components.
• Additional responsibilities as requested or assigned.
Education & Licenses:
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Sciences, Management Information Systems, or related discipline preferred. Four (4) years of IT Architecture experience may be substituted for degree.
Experience & Knowledge:
• At least five (5) years’ experience assessing, designing & implementing IT Security Architecture Systems that effectively align IT security to support Operations and secure business
• Experience assessing and mitigating information technology risks required
• Extensive knowledge of security and compliance requirements required
• Current best practices knowledge
• TOGAF 9 certification strongly desired
• Open CA certification strongly desired
• CISSP-ISSAP certification strongly desired
Skills & Abilities (not listed within Competencies):
• Computer literate and proficient with MS Office, Word, Excel, and Power Point
Standards describing how work is accomplished, performance expectation is Proficient
• Build Trust – interacts with others that establishes confidence in one’s intentions and that of the organization
• Communicate Effectively – clearly conveys information and ideas through a variety of media that engages the audience and assists the audience understand and retain the message
• Contribute to Team Success – actively participates toward completion of goals
• Drive for Results – effectively self-manages time and resources ensuring work is efficiently completed
• Focus on the Customer – effectively meets customer needs; building productive customer relationships; taking responsibility for customer satisfaction and loyalty
• Make Sound Decisions – identifies and understands issues, problems and opportunities; comparing data from different sources to draw conclusions; using effective approaches for choosing a course of action or developing appropriate solutions; taking action that is consistent with available facts, constraints, and probable consequences
• Understand the Business – demonstrates a satisfactory level of technical and professional skill or knowledge in discipline; keeping up with current developments and trends in areas of expertise
When considering the work environment associated with this job, the following factors may apply:
• Environment - Work is primarily indoors; professional attire required when in contact with families
• Postures – Frequent continuous period of time sitting or standing up to 6 hours per day; frequently climbing stairs to access buildings
• Physical Demands – Physical effort requiring manual dexterity is required, includes paperwork, calculators, computers and phone usage
• Hours – May work beyond standard hours or schedule as business needs arise; limited travel.
Who we are. What we do.
We’re more than North America’s largest provider of funeral, cremation and cemetery services. We are mothers, fathers, sisters, brothers, sons and daughters who are devoted to the communities where we live and work. We are more than 20,000 dedicated individuals who provide caring assistance to families in need, honor veterans and public servants and deliver lifesaving programs to help keep children and seniors safe.
We operate under the umbrella of the Dignity Memorial network of 1,800 funeral homes and cemeteries. Dignity Memorial providers care for more than 300,000 families each year and understand the importance of thoughtful, personalized arrangements. We believe creating meaningful ways to pay tribute to a loved one begins with compassion and is shaped by the understanding that each life is truly unique. For us, there is no greater responsibility than honoring and preserving the story of one’s life.
SCI offers advanced on-line training resources, career advancement opportunities in the largest organization in the industry, attractive benefits, and a wonderful community to serve with plenty of culture and personality. For additional information regarding our company, please visit our corporate site at www.sci-corp.com.
As used herein, “SCI” refers to Service Corporation International and its affiliated companies.
Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V