This key individual provides health, safety, and environmental (HSE) support and solutions to field operations with an emphasis on
environmental. This role will have responsibilities in the western half of the US and parts of Candada. Ideal states to live in for this role are Texas, Utah, Colorado, Minnesota or Illinois. Preferably near a major airline HUB due to the travel requirements.
• Works closely with Market Support Centers and Compliance Specialists in support of the Company’s Compliance Audit Program.
• Heavily involved in the health and safety side of all HSE programs, including the development of safety and health training programs and procedure development.
• Provides expert HSE consulting services to field operations to include innovative & cost effective solutions to operations.
• Delivers HSE-related technical presentations to field and corporate personnel
• Develops & implements processes, procedures & standards in compliance with local, state & federal laws & regulations.
• Audits, reviews & maintains company compliance programs.
• Reviews & comments on emerging/changing legislation.
• Assists in the development and use of HSE-related programs.
CORE / CRITICAL COMPETENCIES:
Demonstrates a Commitment to Services Excellence, Trustworthiness and Integrity
• Builds trust with others by following through on commitments
• Conducts oneself ethically in personal and business interactions
• Brings perspectives and approaches together, combining them in creative ways
• Generates and champions new ideas and initiatives
• Pursues challenging goals; Shows a strong drive to achieve meaningful results
• Anticipates potential roadblocks and challenges. Proactively resolves issues when they arise
• Works productively in the face of multiple demands, shifting priorities, and rapid change
• Conveys information clearly and concisely in written and spoken communication
• Expresses self clearly and appropriately in group and individual interactions
• Listens actively, acknowledges and summarizes others’ comments to ensure understanding
• Conveys facts and information clearly in written and spoken communications
Collaborate with Others
• Readily involves others appropriately to accomplish individual and group goals
• Invites and builds on the ideas, input and feedback received from others
Build Productive Relationships (Internal / External)
• Initiates and develops productive relationships with others; relates to others in an open, respectful and approachable manner
• Manages disagreements tactfully, working toward win-win situations
• Advanced degree in a related field
• Five (5) years’ experience in funeral, cemetery, cremation industry
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
• Excellent analytical, organizational and communication skills
• Must be proactive, technically-oriented, goal driven and results oriented
• Ability to anticipate problems and analyze potential impact of corrective decisions
• Willingness to take on continuing challenges and adapt to a changing environment
• Proficient in Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
• Able to build productive relationships/collaborate with others
WORK CONDITIONS WORK ENVIRONMENT:
When considering the work environment associated with this job, the following factors may apply:
• Work outdoors during all seasons and weather conditions
• Significant amount of local and/or multiple location traveling required
• Standard business dress is required
• Physical effort requiring manual dexterity is required, includes paperwork, calculators, computers and phone usage
• Significant time on feet walking through company businesses and cemetery grounds
• Working beyond “standard” hours as the need arises
Who we are. What we do.
We’re more than North America’s largest provider of funeral, cremation and cemetery services. We are mothers, fathers, sisters, brothers, sons and daughters who are devoted to the communities where we live and work. We are more than 20,000 dedicated individuals who provide caring assistance to families in need, honor veterans and public servants and deliver lifesaving programs to help keep children and seniors safe.
We operate under the umbrella of the Dignity Memorial network of 1,800 funeral homes and cemeteries. Dignity Memorial providers care for more than 300,000 families each year and understand the importance of thoughtful, personalized arrangements. We believe creating meaningful ways to pay tribute to a loved one begins with compassion and is shaped by the understanding that each life is truly unique. For us, there is no greater responsibility than honoring and preserving the story of one’s life.
SCI offers advanced on-line training resources, career advancement opportunities in the largest organization in the industry, attractive benefits, and a wonderful community to serve with plenty of culture and personality. For additional information regarding our company, please visit our corporate site at www.sci-corp.com.
As used herein, “SCI” refers to Service Corporation International and its affiliated companies.
Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V