Provides project management expertise in order to plan, organize, control and deliver multiple business projects. Gathers and analyzes data to assist with process improvements and standardized work by engaging the field, management and data analysis. May be responsible for planning, management and administration of multiple projects through the entire life cycle, ensuring delivery to time, cost and quality. Provides support to the Operations Group as well as Records Reconciliation Team via detailed research, financial and statistical analysis and other property records analysis as needed. Recommend, implement, document and insure adherence to policies, procedures processes, standards, and workflows, related to Cemetery operations.
• Responsible for driving various records projects to completion
• Manages project schedule in terms of dates and milestones.
• Assists in defining, measuring and tracking key performance indicators to drive and support the Operations Team.
• Oversees the various work streams of activities in the project, including timeline, quality of work, risks, issue escalations, and collaboration amongst the various stakeholders.
• Assists in prioritizing the team schedule and direction for project completion
• Ensures effective team identification of project risks, issues, assumptions and dependencies; acts as an escalation point for the team and implements effective mitigation strategies by taking corrective action to achieve resolution project goals.
• Works with Cemetery Operations management to develop standard work and operating procedures across cemeteries
• Monitors and manages the project’s risks.
• Manages the development of polished executive-level presentations; delivers information to internal business associates and external clients in a clear and concise fashion.
• Develops measurement processes/methods for assessing progress towards goals and project outcomes.
• Assists in defining and creating improvement solutions to existing cemetery processes as well as corporate driven policies and procedures related to field operations
• Provides leadership and strategic direction to the project team
• Establish and maintain exceptional lines of communication and professional relationships across the corporation including field and senior leadership.
• Participate in implementation of solutions and improvements
• Utilizes problem solving methodology and Value Stream Mapping to create project list based on highest impact goals.
• Ensure benefits can be realized while managing the impact of the organizational change to the business and customer.
• Assists Operations team in developing tools and best practices for management and execution. Promote and train these best practices within SCI
CORE / CRITICAL COMPETENCIES
Demonstrates a Commitment to Services Excellence, Trustworthiness and Integrity
• Acts within and upholds the SCI Code of Conduct and Dignity Promise Standards and demonstrates corporate values
• Is trusted by others; keeps commitments to others
• Comes up with new ways to look at problems and processes in their work
• Identifies cost savings and revenue opportunities
• Generates and champions new ideas and initiatives
• Works productively with minimal supervision; achieves work objectives in a timely manner
• Works to resolve routine problems promptly and effectively
• Drives the achievement of agreed-upon results
• Is open to new and different ways to accomplish work
• Coaches staff to adapt to multiple demands, shifting priorities, and rapid change
• Conveys facts and information clearly in written and spoken communications
• Listens effectively and provides frequent feedback
• Creates environment in which team members share information openly and honestly
• Makes effective and motivating presentations
• Communicates in a timely and effective manner with manager
Collaborate with Others
• Utilizes optimal level of collaboration with team members to achieve business goals
• Shares credit with others for their contributions
• Celebrates team successes
Build Productive Relationships (Internal / External)
• Relates to others in open and helpful manner; consistently treat others with respect
• Maintains composure in challenging situations
• Bachelor’s degree study
• Lean Six Sigma Green Belt preferred not required
• A minimum of 4 years applicable work experience leading projects and implementing solutions
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
• Efficient team management skills
• Ability to travel >60%
• Strong knowledge of process improvement/ operations
• Strong Project management skills
• Fully proficient in MS Project and MS Office Suite
• Highly detail oriented with a careful eye for quality control and presentation of Advanced Excel skills (complex formulas, pivot-tables, v-look-ups and other advanced functions) a plus
• Self-motivated and driven to produce results within tight deadlines and with maximum quality within allowed time constraints
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills and presentation skills, including ability to speak in front of groups
• Excellent critical thinking and problem solving skills
• Diplomacy and influence skills, conflict management skills
When considering the work environment associated with this job, the following factors may apply:
• Work indoors and outdoors during all seasons and weather conditions
• Limited amount of local and/or multiple location traveling required
• Professional Dress is required when in contact with families.
When considering the work postures associated with this job, the following factors may apply:
• Frequent, continuous periods of time standing, up 6 hours per day
• Sitting continuously for many hours per day, up to 6 hours per day
• Climbing stairs to access buildings frequently
When considering the physical demands associated with this job, the following factors may apply:
• Physical effort requiring manual dexterity is required, includes paperwork, calculators, computers and phone usage
When considering the work hours associated with this job, the following factors may apply:
• Working beyond “standard” hours as the need arises
Who we are. What we do.
We’re more than North America’s largest provider of funeral, cremation and cemetery services. We are mothers, fathers, sisters, brothers, sons and daughters who are devoted to the communities where we live and work. We are more than 20,000 dedicated individuals who provide caring assistance to families in need, honor veterans and public servants and deliver lifesaving programs to help keep children and seniors safe.
We operate under the umbrella of the Dignity Memorial network of 1,800 funeral homes and cemeteries. Dignity Memorial providers care for more than 300,000 families each year and understand the importance of thoughtful, personalized arrangements. We believe creating meaningful ways to pay tribute to a loved one begins with compassion and is shaped by the understanding that each life is truly unique. For us, there is no greater responsibility than honoring and preserving the story of one’s life.
SCI offers advanced on-line training resources, career advancement opportunities in the largest organization in the industry, attractive benefits, and a wonderful community to serve with plenty of culture and personality. For additional information regarding our company, please visit our corporate site at www.sci-corp.com.
As used herein, “SCI” refers to Service Corporation International and its affiliated companies.
Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V