This contract to hire analyst is responsible for providing second level support of SCI’s Point of Sale (POS) system – HMIS. Will resolve escalated user support issues and submit production fixes using SQL and Change Management processes and tools. Identifies and documents systemic issues within the application, and uses TFS to log issues, bugs and enhancements. Documents business and functional requirements and communicates those requirements to the development team. Creates and executes test plans for issues and bugs, as well as overall system testing for major enhancements. Must have an understanding of business and technical design processes and reporting requirements to support those processes. Responsible for coordinating data requirements and issues with the business owners in an effective, problem-solving manner.
50% End User Support
• Assesses, coordinates and reviews all issues and impacts associated with HMIS (Hanlon Management Information System) support and business processes.
• Creates necessary SQL scripts and testing evidence to correct system data.
• Builds ad-hoc queries for business owners.
• Conducts analysis of data extracts.
• Prepares detailed and accurate documentation of queries and testing.
• Works with MS Excel to manipulate and report data, especially pivot tables and macros.
• Researches and creates data fixes using SQL.
• Communicates effectively with Corporate and Field users.
• Provides training and support to junior associates.
50% System Administration and Maintenance
• Protects and ensures the stability of the HMIS system as well as maintain the integrity of the data it contains.
• Analyzes, documents and communicates application issues.
• Interprets business requirements to identify proper tools and methods to analyze, identify and report data trends and variances.
• Develops and proposes new system standards to improve production or workflow as required.
• Provides support to projects via requirements, testing and implementation.
• Documents business and technical requirements for input to development activities.
• Performs system testing utilizing HMIS application.
• Complies with all SOX requirements and prepares necessary documentation.
• Meets with Corporate Business Process Owners to assess needs.
• Meets with audit team to discuss compliance with controls.
CORE / CRITICAL COMPETENCIES
Build Trust With Others
• Operates with integrity - Demonstrates honesty; keeps commitments; behaves in a consistent manner.
• Discloses own positions - Shares thoughts, feelings, and rationale so that others understand personal positions.
• Remains open to ideas - Listens to others and objectively considers others’ ideas and opinions, even when they conflict with one’s own.
• Supports others - Treats people with dignity, respect, and fairness; gives proper credit to others; stands up for deserving others and their ideas even in the face of resistance or challenge.
• Organizes the communication - Clarifies purpose and importance; stresses major points; follows a logical sequence.
• Maintains audience’s attention - Keeps the audience engaged through use of techniques such as analogies, illustrations, humor, an appealing style, body language, and voice inflection.
• Adjusts to the audience - Frames message in line with audience experience, background, and expectations; uses terms, examples, and analogies that are meaningful to the audience.
• Ensures understanding - Seeks input from audience; checks understanding; presents message in different ways to enhance understanding.
• Adheres to accepted conventions - Uses syntax, pace, volume, diction, and mechanics appropriate to the media being used.
• Comprehends communication from others - Attends to messages from others; correctly interprets messages and responds appropriately.
Contribute to Team Success
• Facilitates goal accomplishment - Makes procedural or process suggestions for achieving team goals or performing team functions; provides necessary resources or helps to remove obstacles to help the team accomplish its goals.
• Involves others - Listens to and fully involves others in team decisions and actions; values and uses individual differences and talents.
• Informs others on team - Shares important or relevant information with the team.
• Models commitment - Adheres to the team’s expectations and guidelines; fulfills team responsibilities; demonstrates personal commitment to the team.
Drive for Results
• Prioritizes - Identifies more critical and less critical activities / tasks; adjusts priorities when appropriate.
• Makes preparations - Ensures that required equipment and/or materials are in appropriate locations so that own and others’ work can be done effectively.
• Schedules - Effectively allocates own time to complete work; coordinates own and others’ schedules to avoid conflicts.
• Leverages resources - Takes advantage of available resources (individuals, processes, departments, and tools) to complete work efficiently.
• Stays focused - Uses time effectively and prevents irrelevant issues or distractions from interfering with work completion.
Focus on the Customer
• Uses Key Principles - Establishes good relationships by helping people feel valued, appreciated, and included in discussions (enhances self-esteem, empathizes, involves, discloses, supports).
• Acknowledges the person - Greets customers promptly and courteously; gives customers full attention.
• Clarifies the current situation - Asks questions to determine needs; listens carefully; provides appropriate information; summarizes to check understanding.
• Meets or exceeds needs - Acts promptly in routine situations; agrees on clear course of action in non-routine situations; exceeds expectations without making unreasonable commitments.
• Confirms satisfaction - Asks questions to check for satisfaction; commits to follow-through, if appropriate; thanks customer.
• Takes the HEAT - Handles upset customers by hearing them out, empathizing, apologizing, and taking personal responsibility for resolving customer problems/issues.
Make Sound Decisions
• Identifies issues, problems, and opportunities - Recognizes issues, problems, or opportunities and determines whether action is needed.
• Gathers information - Identifies the need for and collects information to better understand issues, problems, and opportunities.
• Interprets information - Integrates information from a variety of sources; detects trends, associations, and cause-effect relationships.
Understand the Business
• Understands technical terminology and developments.
• Knows how to apply a technical skill or procedure.
• Knows when to apply a technical skill or procedure.
• Performs complex tasks in area of expertise.
• Bachelor’s Degree in with emphasis in Accounting, Finance, Business, Information Systems or a related discipline preferred.
• Three (3) years’ experience working with applications, systems or in a business related or technical field.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
• Demonstrated requirements analysis and business process definition skills along with outstanding documentation skills
• Experience with requirements documenting tools a plus (UML, JIRA, etc.)
• Prior knowledge with large Point of Sale (POS), accounting and financial applications. i.e. SAP, Oracle preferred
• Good working experience with MS Excel and MS Office Suite
• Intermediate experience writing SQL queries required
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal required
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills required
• A proven ability to effectively communicate with both business and technical professionals
• Strong problem-solving aptitude, with a desire, ability and drive to determine root cause and apply corrections and preventive measures
When considering the work environment associated with this job, the following factors may apply:
• Work indoors during all seasons and weather conditions
• Limited amount of local and/or multiple location traveling required
• Standard business dress is required.
When considering the work postures associated with this job, the following factors may apply:
• Sitting continuously for many hours per day, up to 6 hours per day
When considering the physical demands associated with this job, the following factors may apply:
• Physical effort requiring manual dexterity is required, computers and phone usage
When considering the work hours associated with this job, the following factors may apply:
• Potential to work occasional evening hours, based on project or support requirements
Who we are. What we do.
We’re more than North America’s largest provider of funeral, cremation and cemetery services. We are mothers, fathers, sisters, brothers, sons and daughters who are devoted to the communities where we live and work. We are more than 20,000 dedicated individuals who provide caring assistance to families in need, honor veterans and public servants and deliver lifesaving programs to help keep children and seniors safe.
We operate under the umbrella of the Dignity Memorial network of 1,800 funeral homes and cemeteries. Dignity Memorial providers care for more than 300,000 families each year and understand the importance of thoughtful, personalized arrangements. We believe creating meaningful ways to pay tribute to a loved one begins with compassion and is shaped by the understanding that each life is truly unique. For us, there is no greater responsibility than honoring and preserving the story of one’s life.
SCI offers advanced on-line training resources, career advancement opportunities in the largest organization in the industry, attractive benefits, and a wonderful community to serve with plenty of culture and personality. For additional information regarding our company, please visit our corporate site at www.sci-corp.com.
As used herein, “SCI” refers to Service Corporation International and its affiliated companies.
Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V