The Change Management Specialist III will play a key role in helping complex company projects and initiatives meet business objectives. This person will focus on the people side of change – including changes to business processes, systems and technology, job roles and organization structures. The primary focus will be working with business process owners and project teams to create and implement change management plans that minimize employee resistance and drive faster adoption of the changes impacting employees in the organization such that business results are achieved.
80% Change Management
• Creates and executes structured change management plans for complex projects, including collaboration with project leads and impacted functional areas.
• Analyze changes, and the associated organizational impacts, in the context of the overarching strategies of the organization.
• Develops a change management strategy suited to the needs of the project or initiative.
• Develops a set of actionable and targeted change management plans – including communication plan, coaching plans for sponsors and front line leaders, training plan and resistance management plan.
• Works with project teams to integrate change management activities into the overall project plan.
• Guides and directs the efforts of other change management resources, if applicable, on assigned projects.
• Identifies potential people-related risks and develop specific plans to mitigate or address the concerns.
• Supports the execution of plans by employee-facing managers and business leaders.
• Identifies resistance and performance gaps, and work to develop and implement corrective actions.
• Creates and enable reinforcement mechanisms and celebrations of success.
• Works with communication, training, HR specialists in the formulation of particular plans and activities to support project implementation.
• Establishes user adoption and utilization metrics required to ensure sustainability. Develops a plan to define, capture and evaluate adoption metrics including follow up interventions to increase adoption when data indicate need.
20% Project Coach
• Effectively communicates the value of change management activities to Sr. leaders and coach them in their sponsorship role.
• Supports project teams in integrating change management activities into their project plans.
• Provides direct support and coaching to front-line managers and supervisors as they help their associates through transitions.
CORE / CRITICAL COMPETENCIES
Demonstrates a Commitment to Services Excellence, Trustworthiness and Integrity
• Acts within and upholds the SCI Code of Conduct and Dignity Promise Standards and demonstrates corporate values
• Is trusted by others; keeps commitments to others
• Comes up with new ways to look at problems and processes in their work
• Works productively with minimal supervision; achieves work objectives in a timely manner
• Works to resolve routine problems promptly and effectively
• Is open to new and different ways to accomplish work
• Responds positively and productively to new initiatives or changes in priorities
• Conveys facts and information clearly in written and spoken communications
• Shares viewpoints and information openly and listens attentively to others’ ideas and suggestions
• Communicates in a timely and effective manner with manager
Collaborate with Others
• Proactively contributes to group objectives; volunteers to help others as needed
• Welcomes ideas and input from others
Build Productive Relationships (Internal / External)
• Relates to others in open and helpful manner; consistently treat others with respect
• Maintains composure in challenging situations
• Bachelor degree in General Business or a related discipline required, MBA preferred but not required
• Association of Change Management Professionals (ACMP) certification preferred but not required
• Prosci® certification preferred but not required
• 6 years of Change Management experience
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
• Demonstrated ability developing and executing change management strategies and plans over the full life cycle of a project.
• Demonstrated knowledge and ability to apply Prosci® Change Management concepts and methods.
• Working knowledge of project management approaches, tools and phases of the project lifecycle.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills including presentation, training, coaching, and facilitation experience.
• Ability to effectively communicate with all levels in an organization.
• Ability to influence others and move toward a common vision or goal.
• Demonstrated ability to analyze situations, make sound business decisions, solve problems and deliver results in the face of changing circumstances and resistance from others.
• Must be a strong team player and able to work with and through others.
When considering the work environment associated with this job, the following factors may apply:
• Work indoors during all seasons and weather conditions
• Limited amount of local and/or multiple location traveling required
• Standard business dress is required
When considering the work postures associated with this job, the following factors may apply:
• Sitting continuously for many hours per day, up to 6 hours per day
When considering the physical demands associated with this job, the following factors may apply:
• Physical effort requiring manual dexterity is required, includes paperwork, calculators, computers and phone usage
When considering the work hours associated with this job, the following factors may apply:
• Working a number of evenings every month
Who we are. What we do.
We’re more than North America’s largest provider of funeral, cremation and cemetery services. We are mothers, fathers, sisters, brothers, sons and daughters who are devoted to the communities where we live and work. We are more than 20,000 dedicated individuals who provide caring assistance to families in need, honor veterans and public servants and deliver lifesaving programs to help keep children and seniors safe.
We operate under the umbrella of the Dignity Memorial network of 1,800 funeral homes and cemeteries. Dignity Memorial providers care for more than 300,000 families each year and understand the importance of thoughtful, personalized arrangements. We believe creating meaningful ways to pay tribute to a loved one begins with compassion and is shaped by the understanding that each life is truly unique. For us, there is no greater responsibility than honoring and preserving the story of one’s life.
SCI offers advanced on-line training resources, career advancement opportunities in the largest organization in the industry, attractive benefits, and a wonderful community to serve with plenty of culture and personality. For additional information regarding our company, please visit our corporate site at www.sci-corp.com.
As used herein, “SCI” refers to Service Corporation International and its affiliated companies.
Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V